Digital agencies' best practices about modern web development, digital and inbound marketing.
GENESIS Framework – Pillaring the success of WordPress sites!
Are you a WordPress fan? Have you been suggesting clients to migrate to a CMS like WordPress? If yes, then we are sure, you must also have come across the divine GENESIS framework from StudioPress.
So, why is Genesis framework so famous within the WordPress communities? Of course, it is very cost-effective as you could have a ready framework with child theme in around $80, but there’s more to it! Well, Monks unveil the importance of Genesis framework and bring to you reasons why you would fall in love with it.
1. Well-coded and supported
One of the main reasons why many developers love Genesis is because of its clean and commended markup. The framework is updated regularly with coding best practices and it is compatible with latest version of WordPress. There is a lot of support in terms of forums, tickets, and a lot of tutorials available online. With prompt customer service and right code, Genesis is all time favorite for most.
2. Update with existing customization
Yes, you heard it right. As Genesis framework uses the child themes, any customization that you need is directly made into the child theme rather than customizing a framework itself. Once you are done with the customization and require an update months later, you could simply update the framework without actually worrying about losing your existing customization. This is actually cool.
3. Opportunities to explore endless!
Genesis helps you achieve your website goals confidently! With Genesis, you could add widgets on your new blogs, add video sliders on your home page, delete the obsolete news feed and can almost change, reconfigure or add anything on your existing site. You can drag and drop content, slice your sliders, add new menu options and do so much more. Most of the changes you wish to do however require technical help from experts who know WordPress, Plugins and Frameworks. As the framework doesn’t provide your checkboxes to select wherein you could simply change color, size, etc. you do require some help from the design and code team, someone like WebbyMonks. And, if you do not wish to customize there are around 60 child themes that Genesis offers which certainly helps you in developing basic functionalities.
4. Dedicated plugins and features
Genesis offers really innovative features; may it be built-in SEO settings or responsive themes. Moreover, if you do not find a feature matching your need, you will always find plugin to integrate it. There is a wide-range of Genesis specific plugins available here. You could however continue using the WP plugins if you are not willing to use Genesis specific plugins at the same time. A lot of WP plugins might not be very useful only because Genesis has by default included most of these features and if not there are dedicated plugins specific to Genesis framework so know what you want and your life will become easier.
(Try using Genesis Extender plugin that allows you to take complete control of your home page, add custom js, add Google fonts, custom widgets and so much more.)
StudioPress has 43 different child themes available:
– 9 business child themes, which are great to use for personal brand portfolio, corporate or eCommerce store type websites
– 5 enterprise company child themes suitable for larger agency
– 4 magazine style child themes great for blogs who create lots of content
– 5 photography child themes great for music, fashion industries, web designers and companies, who have products with beautiful visuals to show off
– 1 real-estate child-theme for realtors to display houses, apartments beautifully and let visitors to filter the houses based on their preferences.
You get access to following developer resources
– Code snippets around topics like admin management, author box, HTML5, images, breadcrumbs, comments, post excerpts, post formats, footer, search form, header, and more.
– Mobile responsive design testing tool which allows you to test how your website pages will look live on different size screens – 240×320 (small phone), 320×480 (iPhone), 480×640 (small tablet), 768×1024 (iPad – Portrait), 1024×768 (iPad – Landscape).
– 15 StudioPress developed plugins and two third-party plugins. These plugins allow you for example to integrate WooCommerce store with Genesis, build social network with Genesis Connect plugin, add social media icons with Simple Social Icons plugin, and many more.
– Free Web Graphics – several custom icon sets, social media icons, generate box, screenshot displays, call to action banners, patterns, and buttons.
For the detailed set of features, checkout Genesis Framework today! StudioPress is being used by 134,000 website owners, so be the next one to use Genesis Framework and pass on your customization requirements to the WordPress experts at WebbyMonks. Genesis from StudioPress is a high quality professional framework that is very versatile in nature although it is little expensive. Do you already use Genesis? Try sharing your feedback with us below!
Latest posts by Webby Monks (see all)
- WordPress SEO: A Practical & Extensive Guide for 2019 - February 11, 2019
- A Comprehensive Guide To Performing UX Audit For Maximum Online Success - August 23, 2016
- Website sliders: Loved & hated, Still Omnipresent! - August 5, 2016